Stressed spelled backward is desserts! And I believe the only way out of stressful moments is sweets! But what if I’m on a diet? well, Keto diet offers a wide range of desserts that will keep your sweet tooth satisfied!
Ketogenic diet, one of the trendiest diets in the last couple of years. Many evidence-based researches have confirmed that it deserves its new acclaimed title: King Keto!
- Why is it getting all that buzz? Tell me about any diet that has scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast?
- Or another diet that ask you to eat steak every other day?
- Still need more proof, what diet that has brownies in its plan?
Only ketogenic diet gives you these cheat meals as if it is a normal plan!
But how does this work? Brownies and weight loss? Steak and slimmer waist? Bacon and better health?
Ketogenic diet depends on 75% fats in its diet! Yes, the old myth about “fats make you fat” is forever debunked! Because when you eat 75% of your diet in fatty food form, less than 5 % of your diet coming from carbs, you force your body to accept fatty acids as its only source of energy instead of glucose! This is a major change in your body metabolism known as KETOSIS. Ketosis has many benefits ranging between weight loss, better insulin sensitivity and treatment of epilepsy!
If you are curious to know more about how ketosis works, check this link.
But let’s get back to our main topic here! How can I check my sweet tooth when I’m on Ketodiet?
These desserts are keto-friendly, guilt free combos!
Imagine cheating on your diet by your own diet! bring in the desserts!
These desserts are healthy, no additive sugar, keto-friendly and just delicious!
Just don’t eat the whole batch and leave some for your family and friends!
They are soft, they are chewy, they are rich, they truly live up to their name!
All you need to start smelling heaven:
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter also at room temperature.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract to overcome the eggs taste.
- 3/4 cup golden monk fruit or Stevia sweetener.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of cream tartar.
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt of pink Himalayan salt.
- 3 cups of almond flour or coconut flour.
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) of 100% cacao baking chocolate bar
All you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F/ 180 C.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper (or silicon sheets)
- In a bowl, mix the coconut oil and the butter, till they combine then add the eggs with the vanilla extract and go on mixing and mixing. (better use a hand mixer)
- Then add the sweetener, the baking soda, the cream of tartar and the salt. Mix again till combined
- Add the almond flour cup by cup till it mixes well.
- don’t forget to put the chocolate bar (in pieces) in the microwave for 15 seconds intervals just till they become softer.so that you can break them down into chip-like pieces.
- Add them to the dough mix and fold slowly.
- With slightly greased hands, shape the dough into balls, place them on the baking sheets and press down lightly.
- Leave enough space between cookie dough, they will spread wider than you imagine!
- Put them in the oven for 20 minutes or when edges go golden or brownish.
- Out of the oven, leave to cool we don’t want finger burns because you can’t wait till you taste it!
- Enjoy it with a cup of coffee! And leave some for your significant other!
Why 100% cacao?
Cacao is one of the most tasteful, nutritious and healthy foods found in nature. It is rich in:
- Magnesium: it is an essential mineral that improves our neural function and regulates our blood glucose levels. It also helps in protein synthesis, bone and muscle development and maintaining normal blood pressure.
- Copper: Copper also is an essential mineral that is crucial for hemoglobin production (main blood component), helps fighting anemia and prevents osteoporosis!
- Manganese: keeps your bones strong, regulates blood-clotting factors and reduces the effects of PMS.
- Keto- Brownies:
This brownie has it all, the taste, the texture and the treat! It is too tasty that you would want to eat the whole batch.
All you need:
(remember this a batch for the whole family, cut into half if you are only having it with your significant other and may be quarter if you can’t stop yourself from eating the leftovers)!
- 1 cup of Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen (get it here)
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (why cacao?)
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 6 tbsp Monk fruit or stevia sweetener
- 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter.
- 2 tbsp of melted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk.
- 2 tbsp of cold brewed coffee.
All you need to do:
- Preheat oven to the usual 350 F / 180 C.
- Get yourself a classic 24×24 Pyrex, grease it with butter or coconut oil.
- Get the bowl and start whisking the dry ingredients first.
- In Another bowl (microwave safe) add the butter and the almond butter put them on multiple 10 second intervals till they melt.
- In the dry bowl, add the melted butter mix then the rest of the ingredients: the eggs, the vanilla extract, the almond milk and the brewed cold coffee blend till smooth.
- Pour this oh-so -gooey batter into the Pyrex and spread it evenly, add chocolate chips on top if you like.
- Bake it for 18-22 minutes till you can stick a toothpick in it and comes out clean!
- Let it cool (if you can fight the temptation) and enjoy!
Why almond flour?
Because Almond has many ingredients that improve your cholesterol, balances your blood glucose levels and boosts your energy level. It also offers a very good low carb alternative for all your baking recipes!
- Low-Carb Muffin Recipe:
Do you like Muffins? well, they are everyone’s favorite!
A gluten free, dairy-free, low-carb, high- protein muffin is just from outside this world! Imagine having a muffin that is packed with 12 gm of protein and less than 4 grams of carbs! It could be great pre- or post- workout treat!
All you need:
- 2 cups of almond flour.
- 1/2 cup of stevia or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder (Why Cacao?)
- 2 scoops of Whey protein (get them here)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil.
- 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
All you need to do:
- As usual preheat your oven to 350 F/ 200 C.
- Get yourself a muffin/cup cake pan and add the paper or silicone liners.
- Then use a non-stick spray or butter to grease the liners.
- Get a bowl and add the eggs, the vanilla extract and the sweetener. Mix with a hand blender or a standing mixer (If you get tired easily) for at least 2 minutes till the mix looks light and frothy.
- In another bowl, add the dry ingredients together (the almond flour, the whey protein powder, cacao powder, baking soda and powder and the salt).
- Put the mixer on slow-speed (you don’t want all the powder on your face), then drizzle the melted coconut oil.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients scoop by scoop till they blend and look smooth.
- Add the optional unsweetened chocolate chips.
- Using a scoop, add the exact amount of batter to each cupcake slot.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool on a wire rack, then enjoy it for breakfast or as snack.
Ketogenic diet allows you to have sugar free desserts into your menu. It helps you control the cravings and stay on the keto-wagon! Just try to control your portions, after all portion control is crucial for any diet! Always seek healthier alternatives when you can’t stop thinking about your favorite dessert!